I am a businesswoman and author who believes in bringing integrity to all my endeavours. I was bought up in a family that valued service to others, spreading kindness where possible. I use these core values to inform my creative and business life. My motto in business and in life is 'spread the love' and I look for ways to make this happen. This all sounds very lofty and earnest but I also enjoy a good laugh, often at my own expense.
Some Facts About Me:
- My first novel "Redemption" was published in New York by Face to Face Press in 2002. You can still buy it on Amazon https://www.amazon.com/Redemption-Emma-Farry/dp/1929712030
- I have meditated every day since March 9th 1997, but I still feel very much like a beginner.
- I was working as a temp at a TV station called MSNBC in New York on September 11th 2001, when the twin towers came down. Seeing the CFO standing at his desk crying while watching the carnage unfold on his TV screen was one of my many memories of that day.
- My friends and I started Saama, New Zealand’s first multi-cultural talent agency.
- I am a Reiki Master. I had all my business cards printed when I realised that it was myself not "clients" that needed healing. I just recently threw away those 250 business cards, smiling at the mystery of life.
- After my post-graduate diploma in journalism, I worked at my first newspaper job at the Otago Daily Times in Dunedin covering the social welfare around. Back then we wrote our stories on typewriters, people still smoked at work and the bosses were all male.
- I spent a few years working as a freelance researcher on lifestyle television shows, like NZ House and Garden”, “Maggie’s Garden Show” and “NZ’s Got Talent”
I made this video for a friend in Paris who wanted me to help her start a meditation practice. Give it a try if you need some help on the inward journey.